Madeira is a sub-tropical archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean and is an autonomous region of Portugal. The archipelago is made up of two populated islands, Madeira and Porto Santo, and two groups of unpopulated islands called the Desertas and Selvagens Islands.
Funchal is the capital and main city, of the autonomous region of Madeira, on the island of Madeira, in the south between Santa Cruz and Camara de Lobos cities.
Porto Santo is the northernmost and easternmost island in Portugal's Madeira archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean.
Calheta is on the southwest coast of Madeira. Whilst in Calheta town consider visiting the historic, picturesque fishing villages of Paul do Mar and Jardim do Mar which were venues in 2001 for the World Surfing Championships.
Machico is the second biggest city in Madeira Island.
- Location: Islands of the Atlantic Ocean, Islands
- Population: 239,000
- Latitude of center: 32° 44' 27.6" (32.741°) north
- Longitude of center: 16° 58' 4.8" (16.968°) west
- Average elevation: -9,999 meters (-32,805 feet)
- Wikidata: Madeira
- Wikimedia Commons: Madeira
Maps of Madeira
Other Names for Madeira
- English: Autonomous Region of Madeira
- French: Madère
- Região Autónoma da Madeira
In Other Languages
For More Information
Thanks for Sharing