The Southern coast of Greenland is jokingly nicknamed "Sineriak Bananeqarfik" by the locals. Still far from a tropical paradise, this is the region which experiences the least extreme temperatures.
In Southern Greenland
Narsarsuaq is a village in Southern Greenland. The village is based around the airport, which was built in 1941 by the US military, but is now in commercial use.
Qassiarsuk is a settlement in Southern Greenland. This village is the place Erik the Red once had his settlement.
About Southern Greenland
Edit on GeoNames
- Location: Greenland, North America
- Population: 3,510
- Latitide of center: 61° 31' 48" (61.53°) north
- Longitude of center: 44° 7' 12" (44.12°) west
- Average elevation: 1 meter (3 feet)
Maps of Southern Greenland
Other Names for Southern Greenland
- Kalaallisut: Qaqortup Kommunia
- Julianehaab Distrikt
- Julianehåb District