The Northwest Territories is a vast wilderness area that is a part of Northern Canada. Although the name is plural, NWT is a single sub-national jurisdiction within Canada.
Northwest Territories Photos
Inuvik is a town in Canada's Northwest Territories located at the inland end of the McKenzie Delta and the northern end of the Dempster Highway, almost 200 km north of the Arctic Circle.
Yellowknife is the capital city of the Northwest Territories, on the North Arm of Great Slave Lake, on Yellowknife Bay.
Tuktoyaktuk, commonly known simply as Tuk, is a tiny Inuvialuit village on the Arctic Ocean in the extreme north of Canada's Northwest Territories.
- Location: Northern Canada, Canada, North America
- Population: 43,600
- Abbreviation: NT
- Latitude of center: 66° north
- Longitude of center: 119° west
- Elevation: 461 meters (1,512 feet)
- Neighbors: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Minnesota, Montana, Newfoundland and Labrador, North Dakota, Nunavut, Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Yukon
- Wikidata: Northwest Territories
- Wikimedia Commons: Northwest Territories
Maps of Northwest Territories
Other Names for Northwest Territories
- French: Territoires du Nord-Ouest
- Portuguese: Territórios do Noroeste
In Other Languages
For More Information
Thanks for Sharing