Umzimkhulu Local Municipality

Umzimkhulu Local Municipality is an administrative area in the of in . Umzimkhulu is an isiXhosa and an isiZulu name meaning “Big/Great house”.About 90.8% of the population reside in rural areas, while the remaining 9.2% are urban based.
Latitude
-30.2917° or 30° 17' 29.9" south
Longitude
29.7377° or 29° 44' 15.8" east
Population
243,000
Elevation
1163 metres (3816 feet)
Geo­Names ID
8347518

Also Known As

  • Afrikaans: Umzimkhulu Plaaslike Munisipaliteit
  • Bulgarian: Умзимкхулу
  • Cebuano: Umzimkhulu
  • Chinese: 烏姆齊姆克胡盧地方自治市
  • Dutch: Umzimkhulu
  • English: Umzimkhulu
  • French: Umzimkhulu
  • French: municipalité locale d'Umzimkhulu
  • German: Umzimkhulu
  • Italian: Municipalità locale di Umzimkhulu
  • Novial: Umzimkulu Komunie, Sud Afrika
  • Pedi: Mmušôgaê wa Umzimkhulu
  • Polish: Umzimkhulu
  • Welsh: Bwrdeistref Lleol Umzimkhulu
  • Zulu: UMasipala wase Mzimkhulu
  • Zulu: Umzimkhulu Local Municipality

In the Area

Localities

Landmarks

Other Places

Explore Your World

Popular Destinations in KwaZulu-Natal

Wherever you go, go with all your heart.  

Escape to a Random Place

United StatesUnited States
TanzaniaTurkey
About Mapcarta. Thanks to Mapbox for providing amazing maps. Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license, excluding photos, directions and the map. Based on the page Umzimkhulu Local Municipality. See this page's contributions. Photo: P.Lindgren, CC BY-SA 3.0.