Kauai is the northwestern most of Hawaii's major islands. Nicknamed the Garden Island, it is covered with lush greenery and tropical plants, watered regularly by abundant rainfall.
Lihue, on the island of Kauai is the island's business and transportation center, home to popular tourist sites such as the Kauai Museum and Menehune Fish Ponds.
Hanalei is on the Hawaiian island of Kauai.
- Type: Island
- Location: Hawaii, United States, North America
- Population: 66,900
- IATA airport code: LIH
- Latitude of center: 22° 5' (22.0833°) north
- Longitude of center: 159° 30' (159.5°) west
- Average elevation: 587 meters (1,926 feet)
- Wikidata: Kauai
- Wikimedia Commons: Kauai
Maps of Kauai
Other Names for Kauai
- English: Kauaʻi, The Garden Isle
- French: Île de Kauai
- Hawaiian: Kaua‘i
- Italian: Kauai
- Atouai Island
- Garden Island
- Island of Kauai
In Other Languages
For More Information
Thanks for Sharing