Sundarbans

The Sundarbans is a huge mangrove forest on the coast of the Ganges delta by the Bay of Bengal. 60% of the forest lies in southwestern ; the remaining 40% in , .
Photo: Frances Voon, CC BY 2.0. Photo: V Malik, CC BY-SA 2.0. Photo: Monster eagle, CC BY-SA 3.0. Photo: Altaipanther, Public domain. Photo: Aiwok, CC BY-SA 3.0. Photo: Wikimedia, CC BY 2.0. Photo: Anirban Biswas, CC BY-SA 2.0. Photo: Lip Kee Yap, CC BY-SA 2.0. Photo: M.a.a.Diyan, Public domain. Photo: J. Patrick Fischer, CC BY-SA 3.0. Photo: bri vos, CC BY 2.0. Photo: Knipptang, CC BY-SA 3.0. Photo: Wikimedia, CC BY-SA 3.0. Photo: Wikimedia, Public domain. Photo: Wikimedia, CC BY-SA 2.0. Photo: bri vos, CC BY 2.0. Photo: bri vos, CC BY 2.0. Photo: bri vos, CC BY 2.0.

Sundarbans

Latitude
21.9333° or 21° 55' 59.9" north
Longitude
88.85° or 88° 51' east
Open Location Code
7MHCWVM2+82

Also Known As

  • Arabic: Sundarbans
  • Arabic: سونداربانس
  • Armenian: Սունդարբան
  • Azerbaijani: Sundarban
  • Belarusian: Сундарбан
  • Bengali: সুন্দরবন
  • Bhojpuri: सुंदरबन
  • Bulgarian: Сундарбан
  • Catalan: Sundarban
  • Catalan: Sundarbans
  • Catalan: Sunderbans
  • Chinese: 桑德班斯
  • Chinese: 苏达班
  • Chinese: 蘇達班
  • Croatian: Nacionalni park Sundarbans
  • Croatian: Sundarbani
  • Croatian: Sundarbans
  • Czech: Sundarbans
  • Danish: Sundarbans
  • Danish: Sunderbans
  • Dutch: Sundarbans
  • Egyptian Arabic: سونداربينز
  • English: Sundarban
  • English: Sundarbon
  • English: Sundarbons
  • English: Sunderban
  • English: Sunderbans
  • English: Sunderbon
  • English: Sunderbons
  • English: Sundorban
  • English: Sundorbans
  • English: Sundorbon
  • English: Sundorbons
  • Esperanto: Sundarbans
  • French: Sundarbans
  • French: Sunderbans
  • Galician: Sundarbans
  • Georgian: სუნდარბანსი
  • German: Sundarban
  • German: Sundarbans
  • Greek: Σουνταρμπάν
  • Greek: Σουντερμπάν
  • Greek: Σούντορμπον
  • Gujarati: સુંદરબંસ
  • Hebrew: הפארק הלאומי סונדרבאנס
  • Hebrew: סונדרבאנס
  • Hindi: गंगा डेल्टा
  • Hindi: सुंदरवन
  • Hindi: सुंदरवन डेल्टा
  • Hindi: सुन्दरवन
  • Hungarian: Sundarbans
  • Hungarian: Szundarbansz
  • Indonesian: Sundarbans
  • Indonesian: Taman nasional sundarbans
  • Italian: Sundarban
  • Italian: Sundarbans
  • Japanese: シュンダバンズ
  • Japanese: シュンドルボン
  • Javanese: Sundarbans
  • Kannada: ಸುಂದರಬನ
  • Kannada: ಸುಂದರಬನ್ಸ್
  • Kannada: ಸುಂದರಬನ್ಸ್ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಉದ್ಯಾನ
  • Kannada: ಸುಂದರ್ಬನ್ಸ್
  • Kannada: ಸುಂದರ್ ಬನ್ಸ್ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಉದ್ಯಾನ
  • Korean: 순다반스
  • Korean: 슌도르본
  • Lithuanian: Sundarbanai
  • Maithili: सुन्दरवन
  • Malay: Sundarban
  • Malay: Sundarbans
  • Malayalam: Sundarbans
  • Malayalam: സുന്ദർബൻ
  • Malayalam: സുന്ദർബൻസ്
  • Marathi: सुंदरबन
  • Marathi: सुंदरवन
  • Mongolian: Сундарбан
  • Mongolian: Сундарбанс
  • Nepali: सुन्दरवन
  • Norwegian: Sundarbans
  • Norwegian Bokmål: Sundarbans
  • Norwegian Bokmål: Sunderbans
  • Norwegian Nynorsk: Sundarbans
  • Occitan (post 1500): Sundarbans
  • Occitan (post 1500): Sunderbans
  • Oriya: Sundarbans
  • Oriya: ସୁନ୍ଦରବନ
  • Panjabi: ਸੁੰਦਰਵਨ
  • Persian: سونداربانس
  • Polish: Sundarban
  • Polish: Sundarbany
  • Portuguese: Parque Nacional dos Sundarbans
  • Portuguese: Sundarbans
  • Russian: Сундарбан
  • Russian: Сундарбанс
  • Russian: Сундарбаны
  • Sanskrit: अजन्तागुहाः
  • Sanskrit: सुन्दरवनराष्ट्रियोद्यानम्
  • Sanskrit: सुन्दरवनराष्ट्रीयोद्यानम्
  • Santali: ᱥᱩᱱᱫᱚᱨᱵᱚᱱ
  • Scots: Sundarbans
  • Serbian: Sundarbans
  • Serbo-Croatian: Nacionalni park Sundarbans
  • Serbo-Croatian: Sundarbans
  • Slovak: Sundarban
  • Slovak: Sundarbans
  • Spanish: Sundarbans
  • Swedish: Sundarban
  • Swedish: Sundarbans
  • Swedish: Sundarbans mangroveskog
  • Swedish: Sundarbans nationalpark
  • Swedish: Sunderban
  • Tamil: சுந்தரவனக்காடுகள்
  • Telugu: సుందరవనాలు
  • Telugu: సుందర్బన్స్
  • Thai: สุนทรพน
  • Turkish: Sundarban
  • Turkish: Sundarbans
  • Ukrainian: Сундарбан
  • Ukrainian: Сундарбанс
  • Urdu: سندربن
  • Vietnamese: Rừng Sundarbans
  • Waray (Philippines): Sundarbans
  • Welsh: Sundarbans
  • Wu Chinese: 苏达班

Other Places Named Sundarbans

In the Area

Localities

Landmarks

Popular Destinations in Khulna Division

Wherever you go, go with all your heart.  

Escape to a Random Place

GreeceNew York, United States
IndonesiaNew York City, United States
About Mapcarta. Thanks to Mapbox for providing amazing maps. Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license, excluding photos, directions and the map. Based on the page Sundarbans. See this page's contributions. Photo: Wikimedia, CC0.