Abkhazia is a de facto independent state that seceded from — but is still claimed by — Georgia. It lies mainly on the eastern shores of the Black Sea in the Caucasus region.
Sukhum is the capital and principal city of Abkhazia.
Gagra is a town in Abkhazia, sprawling for 5 km on the northeast coast of the Black Sea, at the foot of the Caucasus Mountains.
Ochamchire or Ochamchira is a small coastal town in Abkhazia.
- Location: Georgia, Europe
- Population: 241,000
- Latitude of center: 43° north
- Longitude of center: 40° 59' (40.9833°) east
- Average elevation: 3 meters (10 feet)
- Neighbors: Georgia, Russia
- Wikidata: Abkhazia
- Wikimedia Commons: Abkhazia
Maps of Abkhazia
Other Names for Abkhazia
In Other Languages
For More Information
Thanks for Sharing