Antioquia is a department in the Andino region of Colombia. It is famous for its many coffee plantations. As of 2010 it is advised to stay out of rural areas due to the presence of guerrilla groups like FARC and ELN in northern and nortwestern Antioquia.
Medellín is the second largest city in Colombia. It has over 2 million people and is the capital of the department of Antioquia.
Jardín is a small village located in the southernmost part of the department of Antioquia.
Guatapé is a small, very pretty lakeside town in Eastern Antioquia, about 1.5 hours from Medellín, Colombia.
Santa Fe de Antioquia is a town in Antioquia. Located near the Cauca river about 50 miles northwest of Medellín.
- Location: Andino, Colombia, South America
- Population: 5,670,000
- Latitude of center: 6° 13' (6.2167°) north
- Longitude of center: 75° 34' (75.5667°) west
- Elevation: 2,099 meters (6,886 feet)
- Neighbors: Bolívar, Boyacá, Córdoba, Caldas, Chocó, Risaralda, Santander
- Wikidata: Antioquia
- Wikimedia Commons: Antioquia Department
Maps of Antioquia
Other Names for Antioquia
In Other Languages
For More Information
Thanks for Sharing