Leningrad Oblast Photos
Saint Petersburg, known as Petrograd in 1914-1924 and Leningrad in 1924-1991, is the second largest city of Russia, with 5 million inhabitants, and the former capital of the Russian Empire.
Peterhof or Petergof, known as Petrodvorets from 1944 to 1992, is a municipal town within Petrodvortsovy District of the federal city of Saint Petersburg, on the southern shore of the Gulf of Finland.
Staraya Ladoga, Finnish: Vanha Laatokka), or the Aldeigjuborg of Norse sagas, is a village in Leningrad Oblast, located on the mighty Volkhov River eight km north of the town of Volkhov.
- Location: Northwestern Russia, Russia, Europe
- Population: 1,780,000
- Latitude of center: 60° 3' (60.05°) north
- Longitude of center: 31° 45' (31.75°) east
- Elevation: 29 meters (95 feet)
- Neighbors: East Estonia, Karelia, Kymenlaakso, Novgorod Oblast, Pskov Oblast, Saint Petersburg, South Karelia, Vologda Oblast
- Wikidata: Leningrad Oblast
- Wikimedia Commons: Leningrad Oblast
Maps of Leningrad Oblast
Other Names for Leningrad Oblast
- English: Leningrad Oblast, Leningradskaya Oblast'
- Finnish: Leningradin alue
- French: Oblast de Léningrad
- Karelian: Leningradin aloveh
- Rundi: Ленинградская Область
- Russian: Ленинградская область
- Swedish: Leningrad oblast
In Other Languages
For More Information
Thanks for Sharing