For the city bearing the same name see Quebec City. Quebec is a province in Canada, the largest in size and second only to Ontario in population. French is the first language of a majority of Quebecois and the sole official language of the province, making it the only Canadian province that is officially monolingual in French.
Montreal is the metropolis of the province of Quebec.
Southeastern Quebec is a coastal region in Quebec with small towns and villages hugging the coast.
Central Quebec is the heartland of Quebec. It contains the capital of the province, Quebec City, and some of the prime agricultural land in the province.
Northern Quebec is a region in Quebec. It is sparsely inhabited with a number of logging and mining towns and hydro electric projects.
- Location: Canada, North America
- Population: 7,900,000
- Abbreviation: QC
- Latitude of center: 48° north
- Longitude of center: 75° west
- Elevation: 741 meters (2,431 feet)
- Neighbors: Maine, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, New York, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Ontario, Vermont
- Wikidata: Quebec
- Wikimedia Commons: Quebec
Maps of Quebec
Other Names for Quebec
- English: Quebec
- Portuguese: Quebeque
In Other Languages
For More Information
Thanks for Sharing